Oh, Man! Oh, Woman! Oh, God!- A Zany look a scripture #2

Who was that dude over there? Why was he naked? And also, where are we?

You have lots of questions, my boy! And I will now answer. God said, "Let us make--

Uncle P.!

What? Oh, I said the G word again, didn't I? Well, you see Jacob, that name is either good or bad depending on how you use it, which is something mom forgot tell you. I am using the word the good way, so can I use it now?

Well, as long and you only use it in the good way I guess it's ok.

Alright, so let me get back to my story. God said, "Let us make human beings in our image." And so he did, and that's who Adam was, the first man. Then he brought all of the animals he created to Adam, he even gave them names! However, none of them were just right for the man, so God created Eve for him, the first woman!

Does that mean... she was a girl?

Yup!

Eww! Girls are gross, why would God make a girl? I can't stand the sight of them!

Give ya a couple more years and you won't be able to look away.

What!?

Nothing, child. Now, they were naked because they didn't know they were naked. Nobody told them that, or that it was bad. God placed these in the garden of Eden, where they had delicious a beautiful fruit all around them! But, there was one, I repeat just one tree that God commanded them specifically not to eat from, and guess what they went gone did?

They ate from the tree?

That's right! Can you imagine how upset God was when he woke up from his nap to find these two trying to hide their sin?

Pretty mad. When I do something bad, mom and dad would usually give me a spanking and ground me, and I don't like it when they do that. But why did they eat the fruit?

You see, the devil came in and tempted Eve to eat it, promising that it would make her wise, and the tree looked beautiful and the fruit looked so delicious! She wanted that fruit so bad! She even gave Adam some!

No way! This is crazy!

And that is just the beginning, my boy.


Genesis 1-3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Ministry Begins- A Zany Looks at Matthew Chapter 4 (Part 2)

Prelude - Zany Look Into Scripture #0