Tempting of Jesus- A Zany Look at Matthew Chapter 4 (Part 1)

I have a confession. Right now, as I am writing this, I am tempted. I am hungry, and the last two days as soon as I got home from school and after I finish blogging I stuffed my face with cookies and chips until I couldn't eat anymore. And I tell you, it was bad. But now I am sticking with God on this one, and will wait until after dinner for desert.

So, what does that have to do with Jesus?

Well, after Jesus was baptized by John, the Spirit led him into the wild. When he was in the wilderness, he didn't use any of his Jesus powers to make himself food, so he got very hungry. Then the Devil showed up.

Watch you language!

No, I mean he actually showed up! He tempted Jesus by trying to tell him to turn rocks into bread to eat!

What's wrong with that? I'm pretty sure somewhere in there Jesus made bread out of nothing, or out of other bread or whatever.

He did later, but this time is different. Jesus said to him,

"No! For the Scriptures say, 'People do not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"
 I bet that made the Devil eat his own words.

Next the Devil took Jesus to the tippy-top of the highest point of the temple and told him to jump off to prove that he was really safe and that angels would come and save Him, Jesus was all like,

"The Scriptures also say, 'you must not test the Lord your God'"
So He didn't. Then the Devil took Jesus all the way to the tippy-top of a very high mountain and showed him all of the kingdoms of the world, and promised to give them all to Jesus in he kneeled down and worshiped him!

That's nasty! I doubt he would follow through with that offer. So what did Jesus do?

I'll tell you what he did! He yelled in his face
"GET OUT OF HERE SATAN!"
Hahaha! 

And so he did. And then, angels came to take care of Jesus, who had been through a lot, but His troubles were just starting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, Man! Oh, Woman! Oh, God!- A Zany look a scripture #2

The Ministry Begins- A Zany Looks at Matthew Chapter 4 (Part 2)

Prelude - Zany Look Into Scripture #0